Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps to not only build flexibility, but also strength, endurance, and coordination in the legs, abdominals, arms and back. The original six principles of the practice were: concentration, control, center, flow, precision and breathing.
Practicing Pilates on a regular basis helps keep your body centered and grounded, giving you a foundation and strength during times of transition.
* Developing the mind-body connection to improve concentration and coordination
* Breaking faulty movement patterns to prevent injury & alleviate common aches, pains & stiffness
* Balancing strength & flexibility for a longer, more toned and more efficient body
* Emphasizing the coordination of breath with movement to engage the deep core stabilizers; this results in a healthier spine & strong place from which to initiate movement in the body
* Challenging the smaller muscles surrounding joints to assist the larger muscles, resulting in a more balanced body in appearance & feeling
* Developing postural awareness while strengthening the muscles which promote optimal postures for daily life
Top Photo Model: Alyssa Mann